This diagram of a trophic level pyramid shows the 10% rule. The 10% rule tells that only 10% of the biomass goes up a level while the other 90% gets lost in the form of heat. This effects our ecosystems by showing that there are more jackrabbits and less rattlesnake making the jack rabbit population in increase and allowing other consumers to eat the jack rabbits while the rattlesnakest still get enough food to live. Then the badgers eat the rattlesnakes which means there are less badgers and more ratllesnakes. Lastly this diagram shows that the mountain lion eats the badger so only 10% of the biomass is transferred to the mountain lion population. PYRAMID.JPG